To write a good essay about books on a free topic, you just need to understand what you want to get. And, based on this information, make a plan.
To begin with, you need to understand the difference between these concepts:
- Are you writing a personal opinion about a book? You can tell whether you liked it or not, what in it caught you or repulsed you.
- Or is it an overview of the story lines? A full description of what is written in the book, your thoughts on the main points of the book.
- Or is it a description of the book? Then highlight points of interest. This kind of text usually encourages you to read it.
If you are writing an essay on books for school, you probably need to write a book review.
Preparing for the essay
The experts at StudyCrumb Educational Agency assure you that by following a simple procedure, you will be able to write the essay you need quickly and easily.
- Choose the book you want to write an essay about. It is better if it is one that you have memorized well. Some teachers recommend writing an essay on your favorite books.
- Make a short outline that includes an introduction, the main part, and a conclusion.
- Recall what your book is about. Write out a couple of main thoughts that are memorable and seem close to your heart.
- Write a review of the book, the kind you’d like to write for your friend. In simple, uncomplicated words.
Having prepared your drafts and outline for your essay, you’ve already done a tremendous job, and it’s just a matter of doing a little bit more. Be sure to remember that the essay about the book you read is your thoughts, feelings, and emotions about the work itself.
In the water part, write about the plot of the book, about the essence, but don’t reveal the intrigue completely, so that your classmates can read the book too. You can quote a few curious places, but don’t forget to justify why you chose them.
In the main part you should write your personal opinion of what you have read. If the teacher did not mention that the book must necessarily be a favorite, you can also write about the book, which, on the contrary, left a negative residue in your soul.
It is better to make the ending short and concise. Write what you like to read, why you like to read, and recommend the chosen work to read all.
Examples of essay on books
An essay about a book leaves the imagination free, especially when you’re a big fan of the book world. But sometimes reading is much easier than writing. So here are a few examples of essays.
“I love to read. Reading helps you immerse yourself in that completely different world. Makes you forget that you are a mere student. You can become a great traveler, fly around the globe, or you can find yourself in a school of magic and learn complex magical sciences. My choice was the Harry Potter book, because that’s the world where I spent my childhood.
“My favorite book is Roald Dahl‘s Matilda. I think this work is suitable for children as well as adults. Matilda is a little girl with strange parents and a very mean principal. And then, one day, a good teacher shows up at school who treats all the students, including Matilda, with awe. When I was little, I was sure it was just a fairy tale. But now, after rereading this book to refresh my memory, I realize that the book has adult overtones. Matilda is the personification of all the children of the world who face the hostility of adults who should not have been parents or educators.”
The final part:
“I would like to finish my essay about the book “Three Comrades” with the advice: read, look for a moral in any work, and you can become a good person.
These are just examples of how you can write essay on books. Choose your favorite book and write whatever you want to say.